I will be answering the questions set by Heather over at Heather Reviews. I was not officially tagged, but Heather requested me to do this award via e-mail. Thanks!
- Have you ever read a book outside of your comfort zone and actually enjoyed it? If so, what was it?
Yes, I have, very recently actually. ‘Dark Room’ by Tom Becker, of which I have a review on this blog, was one of the first horror novels I’ve read. It was so good and I felt really encouraged to read more horror.
2. If you had to pick a character from any book to be your mentor/guide through life, who would you pick and why?
Okay, well this is quite a hard one… I would probably have to pick Harry Potter, because if he can teach Neville Longbottom Defense Against the Dark Arts, he can teach me how to live my life. (Lame answer, I know…)
3. You’re trapped in a dungeon in a castle – in the cell to your left is a character you have been dying to meet in real life, in the cell to your right is a character you wouldn’t want to meet in your worst nightmares. They strike up a conversation – what would it be like?
Well to my left would be Isabelle Lightwood and to my right would be ‘Sebastian’ Verlac/Morgenstern (WHATEVER!), both from the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. Izzy would be hissing insults at him while he returns with a snide but cunning comment.
4.What book makes you think of home?
None of them. When I read I like to put myself in a life away from home, so even if it was set in my home, it would still not feel homely.
5.If you could swap lives with any character for one day, who would it be and why?
Tessa from the Infernal Devices, because I would make the correct choice fro her. *hint, hint*.
6.Can you name five authors who share a name with you? (first or last)
No, I actually cannot. I’m sure there are many Daniels who are authors, but I can think of none of them…
7. Have you ever read something because everyone else seemed to have read and loved it, and then hated it?
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I hated that book, in fact I didn’t even finish it. I am going to give it another read soon though…
8. What is the one book series you could not live without?
Readers of this blog probably already know I am a die hard fan of the Mortal Instruments and anything Shadowhunter-y. NEXT QUESTION!
9. Imagine every book in the world is housed in one room, and that room is on fire. You can only save five books, what would you save?
Firstly, Heather I hate you for giving me this question.
Secondly, the books:
- City of Glass & City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
- This Book Is Gay by James Dawson
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (sorry can’t not)!
10. Do you enjoy reading shorter books (200-350 pages) or longer books (400+)?
My preferred book length is 300 – 500 pages.
11. What has been the greatest thing you’ve discovered since you started blogging?
Also not going to take anybody but, here are my questions if you want to answer them:
- What is a character others hate but you love?
- What is the longest book you have ever read?
- Do you tend to stick to one genre, or do you branch out all over the place?
- If you could live in any book world, which would it be?
- Roughly, how many books do you own?
- Do you prefer hard-cover or soft-cover books?
- If you could bring one book character to life, who do you choose?
- An evil character has come to life and is causing chaos. Who are they and how do you stop them?
- Which author have you read the most books of?
- What is your favourite non-human book character?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
So, there are my questions. If you use them in a post, put the link in the comments section on this page. Thanks to Heather for unofficially tagging me. I NOW UNOFFICIALLY TAG YOU ALL!